Every building project must comply with the Resource Management Act 1991 and the Building Act 2004, which define the situations in which you need a resource consent and/or a building consent and what you need to do to get them.

In general, most retail and commercial fitouts will require consents to be issued. In some cases, where alterations to building services are made, such as H-vac, fire and water or changes to egress or access, a consent application is immediately triggered.

ShopSpec projects has experience in working with regional Councils throughout the country and will help you to ensure that your project meets the required standards. We understand the consent process and will take care of what can sometimes be a stressful and time-consuming endeavour for the uninitiated.

The key to success in these projects is clear and precise documentation. We will review, prepare and submit your consent and resource applications on your behalf and manage it through to final inspection and certification.